Old 01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I Rattan

Default Canon powershot a590is camera

System is debian based (sidux-2008-4).
Camera is connected using a USB cable
but does not appear as a USb device.

How to download the photos form this
camera?

-ishwar

Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Kumar Appaiah

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM, I Rattan wrote:

> System is debian based (sidux-2008-4).
> Camera is connected using a USB cable
> but does not appear as a USb device.
>
> How to download the photos form this
> camera?

Your camera appears to be supported by gphoto2[1]. So, you could use
gphotofs to mount your camera as a file system to copy files. Programs
like F-spot or digikam also might help.

Kumar

[1]: http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
--
Kumar Appaiah

Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
"H.S."

I Rattan wrote:

> System is debian based (sidux-2008-4).
> Camera is connected using a USB cable
> but does not appear as a USb device.
>
> How to download the photos form this
> camera?
>
> -ishwar

Can you be a bit more detailed? When you connect your camera and start
gthumb, f-spot or digikam, does any of these applications detect it?

Also, as you connect your camera, what are the messages given in
/var/log/syslog file?

It might also be worthwhile mentioning which kernel you are suing. Use
the following command to find out.
$> uname -r

Regards.

ever having been read.