Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Kent West

Default electro-mechanical volume control works in gnome, but not KDE

I'm currently using a wireless Dell keyboard that has a rotary
electro-mechanical volume control on the corner. It controls the volume
in Gnome, out of the box, but not in KDE.

Any suggestions for getting it to control KDE's volume?

Thanks!

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

Old 01-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Kent West wrote:

> I'm currently using a wireless Dell keyboard that has a rotary
> electro-mechanical volume control on the corner. It controls the volume
> in Gnome, out of the box, but not in KDE.
>
> Any suggestions for getting it to control KDE's volume?
>
> Thanks!

configure kde

Control Panel -> Localization -> Keyboard layout -> Keyboard model

apply and it should work

regards

Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Kent West

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

Kent West wrote:

I'm currently using a wireless Dell keyboard that has a rotary
electro-mechanical volume control on the corner. It controls the volume
in Gnome, out of the box, but not in KDE.

Any suggestions for getting it to control KDE's volume?

Thanks!

configure kde

Control Panel -> Localization -> Keyboard layout -> Keyboard model

apply and it should work

regards

Hmm, KDE 3.5.10; I don't find a "Localization", but I do find a
"Regional and Accessibility" which gets me there.

Unfortunately, I have already given up on the keyboard (I hated the
placement of some of the keys), and moved it a Mac in another room
where it makes more sense anyway.

Maybe in a day or two I'll bring it back to my Debian box, just to see
if I can get it to work now that you've given me a clue toward solving
the problem.

Thanks very much! I appreciate your response!

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com