Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Stephan Seitz

Default fetchmail and exchange 2007

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:27:45AM -0400, tyler wrote:

fetchmail: Trying to connect to 132.206.153.2/110...connection failed.

Isn’t the error message self explaining? Fetchmail can’t get a connection
to this host using port 110. Port 110 is the unsecure POP3 port (no ssl
encryption). Testing it I see that the ports 993 (imap over ssl) and 995
(pop3 over ssl) are open. So you have to change your .fetchmailrc to use
SSL. Look for the ssl keyword in the fetchmail manpage.

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |