Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
tyler

Default fetchmail and exchange 2007

Hi,

My University just transferred my mail account to MS Exchange 2007. I
had been accessing my old account via fetchmail, using the following:

poll NON.EXCHANGE.SERVER with proto POP3 and options no dns uidl
user 'MYUSERNAME' there with password 'MYPASSWORD' is 'tyler' here options fetchall

That was fine, but now it doesn't work - from my current .fetchmailrc:

poll exchange.mcgill.ca with proto POP3 and options no dns uidl
user 'MYUSERNAME' there with password 'MYPASSWORD' is 'tyler' here options fetchall

I get the following errors in fetchmailconf:

fetchmail: 6.3.9-rc2 querying exchange.mcgill.ca (protocol POP3) at Thu 22 Jan 2009 10:08:10 AM AST: poll started
fetchmail: Trying to connect to 132.206.153.2/110...connection failed.
fetchmail: connection to exchange.mcgill.caop3 [132.206.153.2/110] failed: Connection timed out.
fetchmail: POP3 connection to exchange.mcgill.ca failed: Connection timed out
fetchmail: 6.3.9-rc2 querying exchange.mcgill.ca (protocol POP3) at Thu 22 Jan 2009 10:11:19 AM AST: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

I've asked google, which gave me a lot of info, most of which I don't
understand. Can anyone give me some pointers for how to fix this? I'm
just working with a single laptop here, exchange.mcgill.ca to fetchmail
to emacs vm for receiving mail, exim to ISP for sending.

Thanks,

Tyler

--
Tired of spyware? Try Firefox: