Old 01-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Micha Feigin

Default hwinfo --framebuffer shows modes that are refused at boot

I'm trying to boot my machine into mode vga=873 (1680x1050 24bit native for my
screen) in vesa frame buffer mode. This mode is given by hwinfo --framebuffer
(0x369, translated to the vga mode). This works when conenected with dvi but in
analog mode I get the message that this is an undefined mode number.

Showing the modes, (enter) there are no wide formats modes available. setting
edd=off doesn't seem to help (I still get the message undefined video mode
number).

Any way around this?

Thanks