Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Javier Barroso

Default LVM on iscsi multipathed disks fails to shutdown

Hi,

I tried to get a response from pkg-lvm-maintainers, but nobody answer,
so I'm asking here.

Currently on lenny, I have next config:

multipath is used for get two iscsi path like a disk.

This disk is a pv, and is the uniq pv in my vg. My vg has a lv who is
mounted on /home

I had to change iscsi scripts [1] for get /home working at system start.

But my system is hanging on lvchange process when it is shutdowing (or
rebooting). It is likely it is waiting for the device who multipath down
before.

I search in bugs.debian.org/lvm2, and then I could read a bug related [2]

I had to comment vgchange line from /etc/init.d/lvm2 in stop function,
so my system is rebooting fine.

Do you think this change could cause troubles for the future, is
possible corruption? I think if my lvm system were clustered, lvchange
-an must be activate, but if my system is standalone, is it necessary ?

So do you have any tip ?

Thank you

Sorry for my english

Debian Rocks!