Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Default sandisk 8Gb card

Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue January 20 2009, Winfried Tilanus wrote:
> This is a HCSD-card, you need a cardreader that supports it. The
> standard SD-cards and readers don't go past 4GB. On Lenny, using a HCSD
> capable reader, 8GB HCSD mounts automaticly.

great, good info, thanks!
so I need to get a reader.. HSCD capable..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue January 20 2009, Juha Tuuna wrote:
> > I can't figure out how to mount this SD card in debian.
> > My dell desktop has a slot in front to put in an SD card, and when I do,
> > the light comes on the front panel, so I ASSUME it is inserted correctly,
> > but I don't see anything in lsusb or lspci that says SANDISK, and I'm not
> > sure what the mount command would be..
> >
> > any clues?
>
> Any luck with fdisk -l or dmesg?

no luck with either, but I think someone else found the answer.. I need a HCSD
reader. I actually found another way around it. I put the card in my portable
Iriver MP3 player, plugged IT into my PC, and was able to see it, and copy
files ( MY MUSIC! ) to it. Which is what I wanted to do in the first place. I
didn't know the original card readers didn't go above 4Gb..

Old 01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Winfried Tilanus

On 01/20/2009 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> so I need to get a reader.. HSCD capable..

Be aware it is HCSD (High Capacity Secure Digital). Sandisk sells HCSD
cards with a small USB HCSD reader. They are quite practical.

Winfried

Old 01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue January 20 2009, Winfried Tilanus wrote:
> > so I need to get a reader.. HSCD capable..

> Be aware it is HCSD (High Capacity Secure Digital). Sandisk sells HCSD
> cards with a small USB HCSD reader. They are quite practical.

thank you, yes I found that on Amazon.com already