Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Paul Cartwright

Default sandisk 8Gb card

I can't figure out how to mount this SD card in debian.
My dell desktop has a slot in front to put in an SD card, and when I do, the
light comes on the front panel, so I ASSUME it is inserted correctly, but I
don't see anything in lsusb or lspci that says SANDISK, and I'm not sure what
the mount command would be..

any clues?
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Juha Tuuna

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I can't figure out how to mount this SD card in debian.
> My dell desktop has a slot in front to put in an SD card, and when I do, the
> light comes on the front panel, so I ASSUME it is inserted correctly, but I
> don't see anything in lsusb or lspci that says SANDISK, and I'm not sure what
> the mount command would be..
>
> any clues?

Any luck with fdisk -l or dmesg?

--
Juha Tuuna

Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Winfried Tilanus

On 01/20/2009 Paul Cartwright wrote:

Hi,

> I can't figure out how to mount this SD card in debian.
> My dell desktop has a slot in front to put in an SD card, and when I do, the
> light comes on the front panel, so I ASSUME it is inserted correctly, but I
> don't see anything in lsusb or lspci that says SANDISK, and I'm not sure what
> the mount command would be..
>
> any clues?

This is a HCSD-card, you need a cardreader that supports it. The
standard SD-cards and readers don't go past 4GB. On Lenny, using a HCSD
capable reader, 8GB HCSD mounts automaticly.

best wishes,

Winfried