Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Paul Gupta

Default Password security/Weak Password lockout

By what mechanism does debian decide whether or not a password is too
weak etc.

I have seen opensuse and perhaps fedora do the same thing during the
installation. It'll spit out a warning saying similar to "This password
is too weak, are you sure you want to use it?"

I'm assuming (which I hate to do, which is why I'm asking) that it's
using the same thing across all of these different distros.

What is it exactly? AND How would one configure it to be stricter or
more lenient with password selection?

Thank you!
--
~Paul