Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 AM
"Yuwen Dai"

Default gnome-screensaver slideshow

Dear all,

I'd like to slideshow some pictures when gnome-screensaver is invoked.* There is a "picture fold" in gnome-screen-preferences.* However, there' no settings for this fold.* Do you know where the "picture fold" is?

I use Debian etch, gnome 2.14.3.

Best regards,
Yuwen

Old 01-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Mark Allums

Yuwen Dai wrote:

Dear all,

I'd like to slideshow some pictures when gnome-screensaver is invoked.
There is a "picture fold" in gnome-screen-preferences. However, there'
no settings for this fold. Do you know where the "picture fold" is?

I use Debian etch, gnome 2.14.3.

Best regards,
Yuwen

This doesn't directly answer your question, but I am not at a Debian
workstation at the moment to check my knowledge. Consider updating
GNOME a bit after the release of Lenny. 2.20 and 2.22 will help a bit.

http://www.gnome.org/

Mark Allums

Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Tom Ashley

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 00:06 -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
> Yuwen Dai wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I'd like to slideshow some pictures when gnome-screensaver is invoked.
> > There is a "picture fold" in gnome-screen-preferences. However, there'
> > no settings for this fold. Do you know where the "picture fold" is?
> >
> > I use Debian etch, gnome 2.14.3.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuwen
>

> This doesn't directly answer your question, but I am not at a Debian
> workstation at the moment to check my knowledge. Consider updating
> GNOME a bit after the release of Lenny. 2.20 and 2.22 will help a bit.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/
>
> Mark Allums

The "Pictures Folder" on gnome 2.22 refers
to /home/<username>/Pictures/; I assume the location is the same for the
version you're using. Either move or link the images you want to use in
the screeensaver to that folder.

HTH.

Tom Ashley