Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Eric Higgins

Default apt-get upgrade error: package `coreutils' contains empty filename ?

Still no luck on this. I can't even seem to force dpkg to upgrade:

# apt-get -fm install dpkg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Suggested packages:
lzma
dpkg
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 59 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/2039kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/dpkg_1.13.26_arm.deb (--unpack):
files list file for package `coreutils' contains empty filename
/var/cache/apt/archives/dpkg_1.13.26_arm.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Eric Higgins

Ah ha, now we are getting somewhere:

It looks like the coreutils.list file has a script instead of a
filelist. How do I go about fixing this for my system?

# cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/coreutils.list
#!/bin/sh
set -e
# Automatically added by installdeb-wordlist
case "$1" in abort-install|remove)

/usr/sbin/remove-default-wordlist wamerican

if [ -e /usr/share/debconf/confmodule ] ; then
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
db_purge
fi
esac

# End automatically added section
# Automatically added by dh_installdebconf
if [ "$1" = purge ] && [ -e /usr/share/debconf/confmodule ]; then

Old 01-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Eric Higgins

I'm not too worried about losing anything. It's an embedded device
which runs off a flash drive, and its only purpose is to act as a file
server for a mounted USB drive. I've checked the drive and it's fine,
but its entirely possible the flash drive has been corrupted.

# cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/wamerican.postinst
#!/bin/sh
set -e
# Automatically added by installdeb-wordlist

. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
SCRIPT="/usr/sbin/update-default-wordlist"

if [ "$1" = "configure" ] ; then
if [ -x "$SCRIPT" ]; then
$SCRIPT --rebuild
else
echo "Error: $SCRIPT not present or executable. Missing dependency on
dictionaries-common?" >&2
exit 1
fi
fi

Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Eric Higgins

I've pulled the flash drive, and ran e2fsck on it, correcting the
errors that it found. I also emptied out a number of corrupt .list
files, as suggested earlier.
This is the error I get now:

# apt-get --reinstall install coreutils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 60 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/3181kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
(Reading database ... 21229 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace coreutils 5.97-5.3 (using
.../coreutils_5.97-5.3_arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement coreutils ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/coreutils_5.97-5.3_arm.deb (--unpack):
unable to install (supposed) new info file
`/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/md5sums': Is a directory