Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
schoappied

Default some questions about debian-installer

Hi,

I want to make a custom live-cd and have some questions about the debian
installer:

1) is it possible to enable a windows installer, which makes users able
to install Debian when in Windows? (Like Ubuntu has)

2) It is possible to let the installer set UUID in the /etc/fstab? (I
probably want to use a Sidux kernel).

3) is it possible to enable sudo in the install process? So new users
are added also to the sudo group?

Thanks in advance,

Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:45:47 +0100
schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make a custom live-cd and have some questions about the debian
> installer:
>
> 1) is it possible to enable a windows installer, which makes users able
> to install Debian when in Windows? (Like Ubuntu has)

See

http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

BTW, I notice that this link:

http://goodbye-microsoft.com/demo.html

complains that:

[Your browser does not support the video element. Firefox 3.1 supports
it.]

I'm running IW 3.0.5, current for Sid. What's up with the message?
Are they really requiring 3.1? Is this that user-agent string nonsense?

Celejar