-   -   video MOV (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/229784-video-mov.html)

"Umarzuki Mochlis" 01-18-2009 08:35 AM

video MOV

just install w32codecs package after you enabled multimedia repo
http://debian-multimedia.org/

2009/1/18 Antonio Macchi <antonio_macchi@alice.it>:
> Hi
> my camera creates MOV videos in a manner that my liunx machine can't read
> properly.
>

> I have upload a very little example (1.3MB):
> www.webalice.it/antonio_macchi/test2.MOV
>
> can someone tell me if can view this video?
>

> thanks

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Arthur Marsh 01-18-2009 08:41 AM

video MOV

Antonio Macchi wrote, on 2009-01-18 19:19:

Hi
my camera creates MOV videos in a manner that my liunx machine can't
read properly.

I have upload a very little example (1.3MB):
www.webalice.it/antonio_macchi/test2.MOV

can someone tell me if can view this video?

file reports:

/tmp/test2.MOV: Apple QuickTime movie (unoptimized)

I viewed it alright with mplayer (saw panning across the inside of a
window with curtains and venetian blinds).

What player were you trying to use to view it?

Arthur.

Antonio Macchi 01-18-2009 01:48 PM

video MOV

What player were you trying to use to view it?

standard mplayer from etch... maybe lenny has a new version of it?

Antonio Macchi 01-18-2009 01:51 PM

video MOV

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

just install w32codecs package after you enabled multimedia repo
http://debian-multimedia.org/

installed w32codecs

but it does not works for me...

anyhow, if you can see it, it's a real good news for me... I'll find.
thanks

Antonio Macchi 01-18-2009 01:54 PM

video MOV

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

just install w32codecs package after you enabled multimedia repo
http://debian-multimedia.org/

NO NO NO
WELL WELL WELL

WORKS!!!!

thanks a lot
bye

Jonathan Kaye 01-19-2009 07:12 AM

video MOV

Antonio Macchi wrote:

> Hi
> my camera creates MOV videos in a manner that my liunx machine can't
> read properly.
>

> I have upload a very little example (1.3MB):
> www.webalice.it/antonio_macchi/test2.MOV
>
> can someone tell me if can view this video?
>

> thanks
Hi Antonio,
I viewed it with the FFx mplayer plugin. No problem at all. I'm running
Lenny as well.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Howard Eisenberger 01-19-2009 08:29 AM

video MOV

On 2009-01-18, Antonio Macchi <antonio_macchi@alice.it> wrote:
>> What player were you trying to use to view it?
>>

> standard mplayer from etch... maybe lenny has a new version of it?

Works here without win32 codecs. Debian-sparc testing.

ultra5:~$ mplayer test2.MOV
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3-DFSG-free (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Sun Sparc

Playing test2.MOV.
Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
[mov] Video stream found, -vid 0
[mov] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO: [jpeg] 640x480 24bpp 30.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffmjpeg] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MJPEG decoder)
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 8000 Hz, 1 ch, u8, 64.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 8000->8000)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)

"Kelly Clowers" 01-19-2009 04:42 PM

video MOV

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 06:51, Antonio Macchi <antonio_macchi@alice.it> wrote:
> Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
>>
>> just install w32codecs package after you enabled multimedia repo
>> http://debian-multimedia.org/
>>

> installed w32codecs
>
> but it does not works for me...
>
> anyhow, if you can see it, it's a real good news for me... I'll find.
> thanks

Are you running Christian Marillat's (debian-multimedia) mplayer,
ffmpeg, etc?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers