Old 01-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Arthur Marsh

Default gtkam not recognizing camera any more

Marc Shapiro wrote, on 2009-01-18 15:26:

I'm having more problems since my upgrade to Lenny.

My digital camera, a Kodak Easyshare C813, is no longer recognized by
gtkam. It worked before, on Etch. I had to add the VendorID and
ProductNumber to (I believe) /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules to get it to
work. I don't remember if I had to do anything else. When I upgraded
to Lenny, the above file was rewritten, wiping out my changes. I
checked the output of lsusb, however, and got the VendorID and
ProductNumber and added them to /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules. I then
rebooted the computer and tried to connect to the camera. No luck. The
most recent libgphoto2 says that it has support for the C813, but I
would rather stick with the Debian package. If it worked before then I
should be able to get it to work now. Is there something else, other
than adding a line to /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules with the correct vendor
and product info, that I need to do to get gtkam to recognize my camera?

You might need to follow the instructions at:

file:///usr/share/doc/libgphoto2-2/README.Debian

Arthur.