Old 01-18-2009, 03:19 AM
"Umarzuki Mochlis"

Default Loopmount install other OS in Debian Lenny

Last time I tried using Lubi inside Debian Lenny amd64 with Ubuntu
8.10 iso, it won't work. I got a few errors and it won't find the boot
partition.

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Andrew Malcolmson

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

Last time I tried using Lubi inside Debian Lenny amd64 with Ubuntu
8.10 iso, it won't work. I got a few errors and it won't find the boot
partition.

Sorry, can't help you with Lubi (looks cool, though). However, there
are lots of other ways to create a bootable image file from an ISO, for
example with qemu:

#Create the image file - file size will start small and grow as space is
used

qemu-image create -f qcow2 ubuntu.img 5G

#Run qemu with ISO attached as virtual CDROM

qemu -hda ubuntu.img -cdrom ubuntu.iso

For faster performance, see the Debian wiki on setting up acceleration
for qemu/kvm:

http://wiki.debian.org/QEMU