Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 AM
"s. keeling"

Default Exim4 --> Postfix. /etc/exim4/passwd.client --> ?

My ISP insists I use my login passwd to talk to its smtp server.
Where do I do that in Postfix?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Ron Johnson

On 01/17/2009 08:36 PM, s. keeling wrote:

My ISP insists I use my login passwd to talk to its smtp server.
Where do I do that in Postfix?

http://www.google.com/search?q=postfix+relayhost+password

http://freelock.com/kb/Postfix_relayhost
http://www.opengroupware.org/en/users/docs/snippets/Mail/postfixauth.html

These two pages seem to have what you need. Note that the OGW page
mentions that you'll need postfix-tls.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
mouss

s. keeling a écrit :
> My ISP insists I use my login passwd to talk to its smtp server.
> Where do I do that in Postfix?
>
> Thanks.

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
In particular:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

in short,
- postfix must be built with cyrus-sasl support (dovecot sasl only does
"server side sasl").
- use smtp_sasl_passwd_maps to set the loginassword for the ISP. you
probably already use relayhost to pass mail to your ISP. the entry in
relayhost must be the same as the one used in smtp_sasl_passwd_maps.

Followup on the postfix mailing list