-   -   problem with usb ports (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/229568-problem-usb-ports.html)

Engi Zoltán 01-17-2009 08:15 PM

problem with usb ports

Hi everybody,

I have Debian linux server with next kernel: Linux debian-tax
2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64.

Some weeks ago I have expanded memory in this computer (512->1024MB).
Unfortunately, I get the next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB
device using ehci_hcd and address 20" and I can't use the USB port. The
pendrive and external winchester does not work.

What is the problem?

P.s: My English not to good.

Thierry Chatelet 01-17-2009 08:31 PM

problem with usb ports

On Saturday 17 January 2009 22:15:58 Engi Zoltán wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have Debian linux server with next kernel: Linux debian-tax
> 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64.
> Some weeks ago I have expanded memory in this computer (512->1024MB).
> Unfortunately, I get the next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB
> device using ehci_hcd and address 20" and I can't use the USB port. The
> pendrive and external winchester does not work.
>
> What is the problem?
>
> P.s: My English not to good.

I don't see the relation between memory and usb. Can you try to remove the
added memory stick and tell us if there is any change?

Engi Zoltán 01-19-2009 07:26 AM

problem with usb ports

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

I have Debian linux server with next kernel: Linux debian-tax
2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64.
Some weeks ago I have expanded memory in this computer (512->1024MB).
Unfortunately, I get the next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB
device using ehci_hcd and address 20" and I can't use the USB port. The
pendrive and external winchester does not work.

What is the problem?

P.s: My English not to good.

I don't see the relation between memory and usb. Can you try to remove the
added memory stick and tell us if there is any change?

So I have rechanged the memory, but unfortunately there is not change. I
can't use outside winchester and pen drive.
I get next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd
and address 20".

What is the problem?