Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Raquel

Default OpenOffice Calc

I've upgraded from Etch to Lenny. Today I'm working on a spreadsheet
and notice that when I copy a cell, to paste somewhere else, that
there is a "border" put around the cell I copy. I go into "Format
Cells => Borders" to try getting rid of the "border" that has been
placed around the cell. The "border" does not go away. To remove
the "border" I must click on "Default Formatting" which, of course,
removes the number formatting for that cell. Then I must go back and
replace the number formatting that I want for the cell I copied.
Nothing else seems to undo (even "Undo") the "border" put around the
copied cell.

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com

--Robert Louis Stevenson

Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Bob Cox

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:20:25 -0800, Raquel (raquel@thericehouse.net) wrote:

> I've upgraded from Etch to Lenny. Today I'm working on a spreadsheet
> and notice that when I copy a cell, to paste somewhere else, that
> there is a "border" put around the cell I copy. I go into "Format
> Cells => Borders" to try getting rid of the "border" that has been
> placed around the cell. The "border" does not go away. To remove
> the "border" I must click on "Default Formatting" which, of course,
> removes the number formatting for that cell. Then I must go back and
> replace the number formatting that I want for the cell I copied.
> Nothing else seems to undo (even "Undo") the "border" put around the
> copied cell.

Press the escape key?

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:30 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Saturday 2009 January 17 14:20:25 Raquel wrote:
>I've upgraded from Etch to Lenny. Today I'm working on a spreadsheet
>and notice that when I copy a cell, to paste somewhere else, that
>there is a "border" put around the cell I copy.

It goes away next time you copy. It's just a visual indicator of what the
clipboard contents are. IIRC, it will also go away if you close OO.org Calc
and reopen the file.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))