Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Amit Uttamchandani

Default Cross-Compiler tool chain

Hey guys,

I've been reading up quite a bit on cross-compiling. The basic idea is
that we need to set up a GNU toolchain for a specific architecture that
we want to build on. Based on my research there are several tools that
do this automatically:

1. Crosstool - looks to be outdated
2. Scratchbox - Fairly up to date.
3. Buildroot

Then of course there is the excellent Cross Linux From Scatch (CFLS).

I just wanted to know what your experiences are with building a
toolchain and if there any tools you prefer over the other.

Thanks,
Amit