Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Andrea

Default System hangs after: Running /scripts/init-bottom

Hi all.
I have dual PIII server with stock 2.6.26-1-686 kernel running debian.
Yesterday I performed a safe-upgrade (after several months) which updated a bunch of packages and AFTER I installed some other 512M RAM, bringing the total to 1GB.

The server did boot and looked like it was working, only that this morning I needed to move it turned it off.
After that, it linux didn't never started again.
What happens is that the boot process stops after "Running /scripts/init-bottom...done" and just hangs. The keyboard is active and I can reboot the server with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

I tried several boot options (single user, noresume, acpi=off) but nothing changed. I also tried some of the older kernels that I had still installed but it always hangs the same place.

This is a big problem, please help me.