-   -   hwtools... where? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/228669-hwtools-where.html)

Antonio Macchi 01-16-2009 04:15 AM

hwtools... where?

I'm searching for hwtools...

but I can't find it... why?

Ron Johnson 01-16-2009 04:53 AM

hwtools... where?

On 01/15/09 23:15, Antonio Macchi wrote:

I'm searching for hwtools...

but I can't find it... why?

Google (and a little persistence, since it was on page 3) is your
friend.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Jonathan Kaye 01-16-2009 09:44 AM

hwtools... where?

Antonio Macchi wrote:

> I'm searching for hwtools...
>
> but I can't find it... why?
Hi Antonio,
It appears to be discontinued. That's why. I copied this from the debian
website:

hwtools
This package is neither part of unstable nor experimental. This probably
means that the package has been removed (or has been renamed). Thus the
information here is of little interest ... the package is going to
disappear unless someone takes it over and reintroduces it into unstable.
Cheers,
Jonathan