Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Paul E Condon

Default GNU info documents ? How?

I know that there is some Gnu nonsense about the license on
info documents the keeps them from bein part of debian main,
but how can I gain access to them as an individual user?

Is there a package in non-free or contrib ? What is it's
name? Are they available on the web? What URL?

Is there any difference between info and texinfo? What?

Is there a document giving information about how to deal
with this problem for the ordinary user? What URL?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso

2009/1/15 Paul E Condon <pec@mesanetworks.net>:
> I know that there is some Gnu nonsense about the license on
> info documents the keeps them from bein part of debian main,
> but how can I gain access to them as an individual user?

Depends on the package. Not all of the GFDLed docs have invariant
sections, most of them can be found in non-free (not contrib).

The big exception I can think of right now is that GNU grep is missing
its info manual, although I've contacted upstream and they have agreed
to remove the invariant section for the next release (but that won't
probably happen soon).

- Jordi G. H.