Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Radek Vykydal

Default problem: how to have root:dbus owned file in stage2 /lib? (DeviceKit-disks integration)

Hi,

I am trying to integrate DeviceKit-disks into stage2 of installer and I hit
this issue:
When I want to run devkit-disks-daemon in stage2 (automatically, e.g.
when getting a service object), the setuid helper launcher
/lib/dbus-1/dbus-demon-launch-helper needs to have:
1) 04750 mode
2) root:dbus ownership
The 1) can be done by setting in upd-instroot, but the 2) can't because
we make stage2 image with mksquashfs option --all-root on.

Why is this option used? (we set ownership of the whole tree to
root:root to upd-instroot with chmod in upd-instroot anyway)
Can we can remove it?

There are ways to work this around, but I don't like them much:
A) include DK in stage1, and start it's daemons
(devkit-daemon and devkit-daemon-disks) from loader.
=> bigger initrd
B) tweak the service configuration files - not sure how to do it yet
=> more difficult to maintain
C) mad: change dbus configuration file to use
/lib_old/dbus-1/dbus-demon-launch-helper (the one from
stage1) and make dbus reload it with HUP in stage 2
D) i am probably missing something...

Thanks for advice

Radek