-   -   Some question about Ethernet install (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/227989-some-question-about-ethernet-install.html)

"Leniy Tsan" 01-15-2009 01:51 AM

Some question about Ethernet install

Hi,lists,
'Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T
Controller'
When I install debian on new pc,it cannot recognize my ethernet card.
I wonder the way installing the ethernet driver before debian
installation finished (I want to upgrade the system before the End).

Thanks,Leniy.

--
Do not , for one repulse , give up the purpose that you resolved to effect .

Ron Johnson 01-15-2009 02:04 AM

Some question about Ethernet install

'Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T
Controller'
When I install debian on new pc,it cannot recognize my ethernet card.
I wonder the way installing the ethernet driver before debian
installation finished (I want to upgrade the system before the End).

Etch or Lenny?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"Leniy Tsan" 01-15-2009 02:09 AM

Some question about Ethernet install

Etch
debian-40r4-i386,DVD

"Leniy Tsan" 01-15-2009 02:24 AM

Some question about Ethernet install

I searched with 'debian install Atheros L1',only find the way after
installation.

Can I add the driver into iso?what's the path.

thanks.

Ron Johnson 01-15-2009 02:35 AM

Some question about Ethernet install

(Please do not top-post.)

I searched with 'debian install Atheros L1',only find the way after
installation.

Can I add the driver into iso?what's the path.

I was thinking more of:
http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+atheros+l1

It appears that newer kernels *should* support it, thru the atl1
driver. Read these, though, and then maybe

http://wiki.debian.org/EtchAndAHalf