Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Ron Johnson

Default iceweasel doesn't render a LOT of pages correctly

On 01/14/09 18:10, Micha Feigin wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:32:38 -0600

On 01/14/09 16:16, Micha Feigin wrote:

Lately, on two different machines and also after a clean install and
removal of the firefox directory, firefox doesn't render pages correctly.

What version?

Sorry, a bit late to write inquiring letters, version 3.0.5-1

Even linux
oriented pages so I guess that this is not microsoft's fault

For example http://www.ddj.com/hpc-high-performance-computing/207200659, the
insets don't show.
What exactly do you mean by "insets"? When I look at the page, only
some advertising is rendered imperfectly. Disabling ABP makes even
that look fine in v3.0.5-1.

Just near the bottom of the page, above "For More Information" There should be
Listing one showing some c code. Under iceweasel the code is not visible for
me.

I see it.

http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/ddj_code_snippet.png

With swiftfox (just installed) and w3m I can see it.

Any idea what could have caused this?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Micha Feigin

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:04:21 -0600

> On 01/14/09 18:10, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:32:38 -0600
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> >> What version?
> >>

> > Sorry, a bit late to write inquiring letters, version 3.0.5-1

> >> What exactly do you mean by "insets"? When I look at the page, only
> >> some advertising is rendered imperfectly. Disabling ABP makes even
> >> that look fine in v3.0.5-1.
> >>

> > Just near the bottom of the page, above "For More Information" There
> > should be Listing one showing some c code. Under iceweasel the code is not
> > visible for me.
>
> I see it.
>
> http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/ddj_code_snippet.png

I seem to be having the same problem with both firefox and galeon. All I see is
a short blue square with nothing in it. I also see similar behaviour is a few
other sites. I guess that it's some library version incompatibility since some
of the gnome and gtk libraries I have are pulled from experimental

thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Ron Johnson

I seem to be having the same problem with both firefox and galeon. All I see is
a short blue square with nothing in it. I also see similar behaviour is a few
other sites. I guess that it's some library version incompatibility since some
of the gnome and gtk libraries I have are pulled from experimental

That's a distinct possibility.

This should tell you exactly what you have from Experimental:
$ apt-show-versions | grep experimen

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA