Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Joel Granados Moreno

Default make booty check /ROOT/dev and /dev for bootloader

Hi List
When updating a rhel4 system the first 512 byts of the device are
searched for in /ROOT/dev/DEVICE. This is all good except when
ROOT is not "/". For some reason booty is trying to use
/mnt/sysimages for the ROOT. So I changed booty to try both places,
I would rather only search /dev/DEVICE but I'm afraid of messing something
else up.

This patch tries to do a better job than my previous attempt at fixing
this. I tested it a couple of times and it seem to detect the grub
location correctly. It also updates correctly.