Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   English grammar checker (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/227537-english-grammar-checker.html)

"Leniy Tsan" 01-14-2009 12:13 PM

English grammar checker
 
(⊙o⊙)…...sorry.I just press the REPLY button.Didn't notice the reply address.
I'll be more careful next time.

2009/1/14 Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>

Leniy Tsan wrote:

> checker in google toolbar?

Hello Leniy, you might wanted to reply on-list, not to me.



--

Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF, JID: jackyf.devel(maildog)gmail.com

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Johannes Wiedersich 01-14-2009 12:39 PM

English grammar checker
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Marcelo Laia wrote:
>> I am looking a English grammar software checker for linux. I am using
>> Debian testing. I try google and didn't found a software for this. Do
>> you known one?
> aspell

_Spell_ checker: aspell
_Grammar_ checker: ???

Cheers,

Johannes


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEUEARECAAYFAklt6yAACgkQC1NzPRl9qEVZXACVHI6JAOvN11 ddyqf29W39N/PS
CACeMygGSHgD22ZU1vYXW/iNcOUsmOA=
=zdG7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Pedro Insua 01-14-2009 12:41 PM

English grammar checker
 
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:52:33AM -0200, Marcelo Laia wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I am looking a English grammar software checker for linux. I am using
> Debian testing. I try google and didn't found a software for this. Do
> you known one?

apt-cache show link-grammar

Homepage: http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/

>
> Thank you very much

Use the 'apt-cache search ....' luke!

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"
/ CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

"Girish Kulkarni" 01-14-2009 10:06 PM

English grammar checker
 
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
>> Marcelo Laia wrote:
>>> I am looking a English grammar software checker for linux. I am using
>>> Debian testing. I try google and didn't found a software for this. Do
>>> you known one?
>> aspell
>
> _Spell_ checker: aspell
> _Grammar_ checker: ???

Try using 'diction'. It identifies cliched phrases and comman
grammatical errors. 'style' is a related tool that measures the
readability of your writing.

HTH,
Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

"Dotan Cohen" 01-15-2009 05:12 PM

English grammar checker
 
2009/1/15 Girish Kulkarni <girish@hri.res.in>:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
>> Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
>>> Marcelo Laia wrote:
>>>> I am looking a English grammar software checker for linux. I am using
>>>> Debian testing. I try google and didn't found a software for this. Do
>>>> you known one?
>>> aspell
>>
>> _Spell_ checker: aspell
>> _Grammar_ checker: ???
>
> Try using 'diction'. It identifies cliched phrases and comman
> grammatical errors. 'style' is a related tool that measures the
> readability of your writing.

Try googling for the Open Office extension that incorporates these
tools into Writer.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-*-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه*-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-*-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-*-Ю-Я
а-б-в-г-д-е-ё-ж-з-и-й-к-л-м-н-о-п-р-с-т-у-ф-х-ц-ч-ш-щ-ъ-ы-ь-э-ю-я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.