Old 01-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Grammostola Rosea

Default reportbug / mail

Hi,

I want to be able to report bugs, but I doubt if the bugreports using
reportbug will be sent automatically from my system...

How do I setup such a mail system so the last step of the reportbug
process (sending the email) goes well?

Thanks in advance,

Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to report bugs, but I doubt if the bugreports using
> reportbug will be sent automatically from my system...
>
> How do I setup such a mail system so the last step of the reportbug
> process (sending the email) goes well?
As Gmail user, I set up msmtp as tiny mailer on my system. It works very well.

Ukrainian C++ Developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Ron Johnson

On 01/13/09 07:22, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

Hi,

I want to be able to report bugs, but I doubt if the bugreports using
reportbug will be sent automatically from my system...

How do I setup such a mail system so the last step of the reportbug
process (sending the email) goes well?

For quite a while, reportbug has had built-in smtp capabilities.
Simply run this, and answer the prompts.

$ reportbug --configure

For example, here's what my config looks like:

$ cat .reportbugrc | grep -v #
reportbug_version "3.48"
mode advanced
ui text