Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Paul Martins

Default This is for your attention

This is for your attention:

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary tothe total sum of £4,257,017.00 (Four Million, Two Hundred and Fifty-Seven Thousand, Seventeen Pounds).in the intent of the deceased (names now
withheld since this is our second letter to you). We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance since there is no written will.

Our legal services aim to provide our private clients with a complete service. We are happy to prepare wills, set-up and administer Trusts,carry out the administration of estates and prepare and administer powers
of attorney.

All the papers will be processed in your acceptance. In your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance, your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents at our High court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Send your reply to aulmartins@gmx.com
Yours faithfully,
Paul Martins

Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Rynhardt Kruger

Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Jochen Schulz

Rynhardt Kruger:

> Can't we do something about all this spam on this list, looks like this list is the local target.
> Rynhardt

Well, the first thing to do is not to reply to it and not to quote it.

And by the way: the amount of spam that is actually getting through to
the subscribers is *really* low compared to the vast amount that is sent
to this list. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the list admins do
a really great job.

J.
--
At night I go to the kitchen; specifically, the knife drawer.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2009-01-13 15:57:01, schrieb Rynhardt Kruger:
> Can't we do something about all this spam on this list, looks like this list is the local target.
> Rynhardt

I even do not know, whether the Mailinglist should accept mails
from Domains which do not exist <contact-lawyer.com>.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
mouss

Rynhardt Kruger a écrit :
> Can't we do something about all this spam on this list, looks like this list is the local target.
> Rynhardt

Agreed.

That said, when you reply to spam, avoid quoting the spam text. this can
poison statistical/autolearning filters, and the archives will contain
the spam multiple times (so more exposure, to the benefit of the spammer).

PS. the list could add JM Sought rules to the spamassassin installation.
These would have added a 6.* points to the score.