Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
"Leniy Tsan"

Default grub menu

When boot into grub, how can I change the default item under 'c' command line?
I don't want to boot another system for a modification,it's difficult to stop a server.

thank you.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
"Umarzuki Mochlis"

perhaps if you'd be a bit more verbose on what do you mean by "item
under c", what you're trying to avoid and why do you need to stop the
server.

2009/1/13 Leniy Tsan <qianweizju@gmail.com>:
> When boot into grub, how can I change the default item under 'c' command
> line?
> I don't want to boot another system for a modification,it's difficult to
> stop a server.
>
> thank you.

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
"Niklas Huxley"

I think you want to modificate the content of the boot menu
for grub you can give fix values here

/boot/grub/menu.lst

perhaps if you'd be a bit more verbose on what do you mean by "item

under c", what you're trying to avoid and why do you need to stop the

server.

2009/1/13 Leniy Tsan <qianweizju@gmail.com>:

> When boot into grub, how can I change the default item under 'c' command

> line?

> I don't want to boot another system for a modification,it's difficult to

> stop a server.

> thank you.

Umarzuki Mochlis

http://gameornot.net