Old 11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Chris Boyd

Default ldap and samba with debian problem

I'm using openldap2.3-2.3.30 with samba-3.0.24-6 and
phpldapadmin-0.9.8.3-8 on Debian Etch. Actually it's running on a
virtual machine using VMware. I had everything setup and running
smoothly. I was testing a script to create users home/data/profiles and
set ownership/permissions. Somehow the script changed the ownership of /
(and subdirs) to one of the users (but not perms as far as I could
tell). I set it back to owner root. I then set the ownership back on
everything I know of. Now slapd will not start unless I take out
shadowLastChange out of the following acl:

access to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
by dn="cn=admin,dc=mecompany,dc=ie" write
by anonymous auth
by self write
by * none

In pdbedit all users come up with:

pdb_get_group_sid: Failed to find Unix account for admin
Primary Group SID: (NULL SID)

And when I try to access phpldapadmin:

Error

Fatal error: Cannot read your configuration file
"/usr/share/phpldapadmin/config/config.php", its permissions are too
strict.

Is there some ownership that's possibly still wrong or did it do
something to the database? Scratching my head for a few days now. TIA

copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. USIT has scanned this email for viruses and
dangerous content and believes it to be clean. However,
virus scanning is ultimately the responsibility of the recipient.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Mihira Fernando

Chris Boyd wrote:
[snip]

And when I try to access phpldapadmin:

Error

Fatal error: Cannot read your configuration file
"/usr/share/phpldapadmin/config/config.php", its permissions are too
strict.

Is there some ownership that's possibly still wrong or did it do
something to the database? Scratching my head for a few days now. TIA

Most likely that Apache cannot access the file anymore. Check the fire
permissions to see if Apache user/group as access to this file.

Mihira.
--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.