Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Stephen Liu

Default how to set up sound

Hi folks,

Debian Etch - Workstation as host OS on Xen

Debian has been running as host OS on a Xen box, a server box, for
something without problem. I don't need sound on server therefore I
didn't care whether it works or not. On googling technical document
some websites have sound. Therefore I'm trying to setup sound on it.
Please advise where shall I check and how to add sound. TIA

B.R.
Stephen

Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 03:17:48 Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> Debian Etch - Workstation as host OS on Xen
>

> Debian has been running as host OS on a Xen box, a server box, for
> something without problem. I don't need sound on server therefore I
> didn't care whether it works or not. On googling technical document
> some websites have sound. Therefore I'm trying to setup sound on it.
> Please advise where shall I check and how to add sound. TIA
>

> B.R.
> Stephen

Do you mean you want your server to send sound stream to your clients?
If that's tha case, you dont need sound on your server, but you need to know
how to send sound stream to clients, and I cant help you on this, but maybe
someone else can.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
"Javier Barroso"

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> Debian Etch - Workstation as host OS on Xen
>

> Debian has been running as host OS on a Xen box, a server box, for
> something without problem. I don't need sound on server therefore I
> didn't care whether it works or not. On googling technical document
> some websites have sound. Therefore I'm trying to setup sound on it.
> Please advise where shall I check and how to add sound. TIA
Did you mean getting sound inside domU , or I didn't understand ?

If yes, you could take your pci inside your domU:
http://www.wlug.org.nz/XenPciPassthrough

Regards

Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Stephen Liu

--- Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >

> > Debian Etch - Workstation as host OS on Xen
> >

> > Debian has been running as host OS on a Xen box, a server box, for
> > something without problem. I don't need sound on server therefore
> > didn't care whether it works or not. On googling technical
> document
> > some websites have sound. Therefore I'm trying to setup sound on
> it.
> > Please advise where shall I check and how to add sound. TIA
> Did you mean getting sound inside domU , or I didn't understand ?
>
> If yes, you could take your pci inside your domU:
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/XenPciPassthrough

Hi Javier,

No. All domUs are server. They don't need sound. I need sound on
dom0 only which are used to configure domU. Occasionally I need
googling technical documents on it. Therefore I try to setup sound
listening the sound clips integrated on their websites. Thanks

B.R.
Stephen L