Old 01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Paul E Condon

Default Question about twisted.conch.telnet

Something on one of my computers is triggering a warning
message form cron.daily about deprecation twisted.conch.telnet.
I have no idea what this is, and little confidence that I
could arrive at a workable fix thru self study. Is this a
known problem? i.e. known to release manager for Lenny? Or
someone else?

The message arrives by email. It reads:
Subject: Cron <root@gq> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts
--report /etc/cron.daily )

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/manhole/telnet.py:8:
+DeprecationWarning: As of Twisted 2.1, twisted.protocols.telnet is deprecated.
+See twisted.conch.telnet for the current, supported API.
from twisted.protocols import telnet
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/manhole/telnet.py:8:
+DeprecationWarning: As of Twisted 2.1, twisted.protocols.telnet is deprecated.
+See twisted.conch.telnet for the current, supported API.
from twisted.protocols import telnet

Nothing that I notice is misbehaving on gq. I don't use telnet. I'm puzzled.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net