Old 01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Marcelo Chiapparini

Default lenny cd live problem

Hi!,

I am trying to test lenny using the i386 cd live image from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/, dated in 12/20/2008. After
downloading the iso file and verifying that the md5sum is ok, I burned
the cd, using 4x to be safe. But each time I want to boot using this cd
image I get the message:

I tried in two different machines, with the same result. Could the
isolinux file be corrupted?

Thanks in advance!

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini

Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi!,
>
> I am trying to test lenny using the i386 cd live image from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/, dated in 12/20/2008. After
> downloading the iso file and verifying that the md5sum is ok, I burned
> the cd, using 4x to be safe. But each time I want to boot using this cd
> image I get the message:

> I tried in two different machines, with the same result. Could the
> isolinux file be corrupted?
Hm... try another media?

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
>> Hm... try another media?
>>

> I tried 2 medias. The first burned at 24x, the second burned at 4x. All
> media are from the same cd set. I didn't have any problem with this
> media set before....
Then, maybe, it's an error in daily build. Please use 'reportbug' ulitity
to report this against 'installation-reports' package.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 06:47:29PM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi!,
>
> I am trying to test lenny using the i386 cd live image from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/, dated in 12/20/2008. After
> downloading the iso file and verifying that the md5sum is ok, I burned
> the cd, using 4x to be safe. But each time I want to boot using this cd
> image I get the message:

> I tried in two different machines, with the same result. Could the
> isolinux file be corrupted?

Insert the cd and check its checksum . e.g.:

md5sum /dev/cdrom

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend