Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Jude DaShiell

Default parallel to scsi converters question

I have a parallel to scsi converter and a jazz drive. If I hook that up
to the debian box I have running, how will debian see that drive? I
expect I can activate parallel port support but once done what kind of a
new device should I expect to find?

Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Ron Johnson

I have a parallel to scsi converter and a jazz drive. If I hook that up
to the debian box I have running, how will debian see that drive? I
expect I can activate parallel port support but once done what kind of a
new device should I expect to find?

Probably an sd or sg device.

If the parport driver is loaded and udev is running, I'd just plug
it in and see what happens.

# tail -f /var/log/syslog

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.