Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Bengt Samuelsson

Default Corrupt data - RAID sata_sil 3114 chip (solved)

I hope the problem is solved!

Make sure you do not run dmraid and mdadm !
So, if you have truble mdadm RAID, check you do not run dmraid !

I found this.

/etc/rcS.d/S04dmraid
/etc/rcS.d/S25mdadm-raid
/etc/rc0.d/S50mdadm-raid
/etc/rc0.d/S51dmraid
/etc/rc6.d/S50mdadm-raid
/etc/rc6.d/S51dmraid

They is now like this
/etc/rcS.d/K04dmraid
/etc/rcS.d/S25mdadm-0-sata_sil_slowdown
/etc/rcS.d/S25mdadm-raid
/etc/rc0.d/S50mdadm-raid
/etc/rc0.d/K51dmraid
/etc/rc6.d/S50mdadm-raid
/etc/rc6.d/K51dmraid

I also make this just before mdadm_raid start to set the "15" block write.
/etc/init.d/sata_sil_slowdown just to make it a bit safer.
---
#!/bin/sh
#
chmod 0644 /sys/modules/sata_sil/parameters/slow_down
echo 1 > /sys/modules/sata_sil/parameters/slow_down
chmod 0444 /sys/modules/sata_sil/parameters/slow_down
#
exit 0
---

I have now, during I write this, run a testcopy for 29hrs, still running
copytest without errors. Before it shuld got in ro-mode. :-)

And Read this!
http://unclean.org/howto/sii3114_linux.html
or here at my site!
http://data-doc.se/howto/sii3114_linux.html