Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Arthur Marsh

Default serial port program

J.H.Kim wrote, on 2009-01-11 18:17:
> Hi, everyone
>
> Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
> minicom? When I use minicom, it is killed after being received
> non-ascii characters. I want to serial program to minitor rs-232
> which shows ascii characters and hex data.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards, J.H.Kim

You may wish to look at ckermit in non-free or grab the latest source
from ftp://ftp.columbia.edu/kermit/test/tar/x.tar.gz

Information on C-Kermit is available at http://www.columbia.edu/kermit

Arthur.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Martin Kraus

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 04:47:50PM +0900, J.H.Kim wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
> minicom?
> When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii characters.
> I want to serial program to minitor rs-232 which shows ascii characters
> and hex data.

you may use screen like this:

screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

mk

Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Dirk Vervoort

Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
mike

Dirk Vervoort wrote:

Martin Kraus wrote:

Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
minicom?
When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii
characters.

I want to serial program to minitor rs-232 which shows ascii characters
and hex data.

you may use screen like this:

screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

mk

> putty

take a look at kermit. the debian package is called ckermit.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Sudev Barar

2009/3/9 mike <mail4mike2008-debian@yahoo.com>:
> Dirk Vervoort wrote:
>> Martin Kraus wrote:

>>> you may use screen like this:
>>>
>>> screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

> take a look at kermit. the debian package is called ckermit.

Have a look at cutecom

Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 04:47:50PM +0900, J.H.Kim wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
> minicom?
> When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii characters.

That's a surprise to me. Is there a bug open for that?

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend