-   -   serial port program (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/225935-serial-port-program.html)

"J.H.Kim" 01-11-2009 06:47 AM

serial port program

Hi, everyone

Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
minicom?
When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii characters.
I want to serial program to minitor rs-232 which shows ascii characters
and hex data.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
J.H.Kim

Bob Cox 01-11-2009 06:58 AM

serial port program

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 16:47:50 +0900, J.H.Kim (frog1120@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
> minicom?
> When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii characters.
> I want to serial program to minitor rs-232 which shows ascii characters
> and hex data.

I do not know anything about it, but an apt-cache search came up with
the 'cutecom' package:

$ aptitude show cutecom
Package: cutecom
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 0.14.1-2
Cutecom is a graphical serial terminal, like minicom. It is aimed mainly
at hardware developers or other people who need a terminal to talk to
their devices. It features lineoriented interface instead of
character-oriented, xmodem, ymodem, zmodem support (requires the lrzsz
package) and hexadecimal input and output among other things. It is
written using the Qt library by Trolltech www.trolltech.com).

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.