Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Andrew Perrin

Default Evolution mail hangs while scanning folders

Greetings-

Making my migration to Evolution, I am seeking to read folders from an
IMAP server on which I have a LOT of folders (about 4500). Evolution
simply hangs while reading this list of folders, and has to be manually
killed. Any advice?

This is debian testing, kernel 2.6.26, i386 quad-core machine w/ 4GB RAM,
evolution 2.22.3.1.

Thanks.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Ron Johnson

Making my migration to Evolution, I am seeking to read folders from an
IMAP server on which I have a LOT of folders (about 4500). Evolution

Wow.

simply hangs while reading this list of folders, and has to be manually
killed. Any advice?

Are you sure it *hangs*, or is it just taking a long time to read
the headers into it's private cache?

Running top(1) should tell you.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.