Old 01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Celejar

Default OpenDNS on Debian?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 17:06:24 -0800 (PST)
Dan-Simon Myrland <dansimonmyrland@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hay!
>
> I really need to use OpenDNS on my Debian Computer, is there a way to make this program work in Debian?

OpenDNS is not a program:

"OpenDNS is not software

With OpenDNS you do not need to worry about downloading or installing
software. To use OpenDNS, you merely choose to use our DNS servers
(208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) instead of those assigned by your
ISP or pointing directly to the root servers. With no new software,
trying OpenDNS is a no-risk opportunity to improve your network
experience."

https://www.opendns.com/smb/start/best_practices/

You simply need to configure your computer or routers to use the
OpenDNS servers.

> Please help, (from a linux newbe)

Celejar

Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Michael Shuler

Dan-Simon Myrland wrote:
> Hay!
>
> I really need to use OpenDNS on my Debian Computer, is there a way to
> make this program work in Debian?

I use OpenDNS with a couple of DHCP-served computers, and a simple way
to use their recursive name servers, instead of those handed out by
DHCP, is to modify /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf with the following line:

prepend domain-name-servers 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220;

this works for me with standard DHCP /etc/network/interfaces configs,
along with with resolvconf, openvpn, and vpnc.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler

Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
"Koh Choon Lin"

>> I really need to use OpenDNS on my Debian Computer, is there a way to
>> make this program work in Debian?

add them to your /etc/resolv.conf

--
Koh Choon Lin