Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
lostson

Default alt key is not working in terminals

Hello
I have recently updated my lenny system and now the Alt key is not working in my terminals. I can get it to work in Xterm using the

XTerm*eightBitInput: false

I have noticed this mrxt and Xterm Unicode as well this seems to be system wide where would I look to repair this. It must be some global config or something that got messed up ? Thanks.

--
lostson

http://lostsonsvault.org

Debian Lenny & AMD 64

Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Pedro Insua

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 02:17:41PM -0600, lostson wrote:

> Hello I have recently updated my lenny system and now the Alt key
> is not working in my terminals. I can get it to work in Xterm using
> the
>
> XTerm*eightBitInput: false
>
> I have noticed this mrxt and Xterm Unicode as well this seems to be
> system wide where would I look to repair this. It must be some global
> config or something that got messed up ? Thanks.

Hi. I've had the same problem in a Xterm (where is my Emacs M-x!!!),
and put the same line in .Xresources and do not. At the end.. the
solution was push [CTRL] + MouseLeftButton -> set 'Meta Sends Escape'

Yes, my Emacs M-x came back to me (:

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"
/ CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/