Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Ron Johnson

Default where is mount.cifs

On 01/08/09 12:24, Harry Putnam wrote:

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> writes:

A nice web trick: http://packages.debian.org/file:mount.cifs .

As you can see, it's in the smbfs package.

>From a running debian-system, apt-file search mount.cifs would yield
comparable results. (The apt-file package must be installed first, but
it's worth it.)

Nice yes. I already have apt-file installed but didn't realize it
worked beyond installed pkgs, so didn't even think to try it. Thanks

The big difference between "apt-file search" and "dpkg -S" is that
"a-f s" works not just on installed packages.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
"André Neves"

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 16:18, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
<eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> A nice web trick: http://packages.debian.org/file:mount.cifs .
>
> As you can see, it's in the smbfs package.
>
> >From a running debian-system, apt-file search mount.cifs would yield
> comparable results. (The apt-file package must be installed first, but
> it's worth it.)

A great set of tips, my fellow-countryman. Thanks.

André