Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM
"Zaki Akhmad"

Default Local Language (Localization)

Hello,

I come from Indonesia. I see Ubuntu already package Indonesian
language. How do I activate Indonesian language on Debian?

--
Zaki Akhmad

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Pedro Insua

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 03:23:27PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I come from Indonesia. I see Ubuntu already package Indonesian
> language. How do I activate Indonesian language on Debian?

You can read The Debian Reference Guide:

9.7 Localization (l10n)

Debian is internationalized, offering support for a growing number of
languages and local usage conventions. The next subsection lists some
of the forms of diversity that Debian currently supports, and the
following subsections discuss localization, the process of customizing
your working environment to allow current input and output of your
chosen language(s) and conventions for dates, numeric and monetary
formats, and other aspects of a system that differ according to your region.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-l10n

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"
/ CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/

Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
"Zaki Akhmad"

Old 01-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Pedro Insua

,----

`----

This is the mail send it to my account.

Well.. i don't use Gnome Desktop, but you can try set the language in GDM
to the user. And then login. Perhaps is a solution....