Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Harry Putnam

Default extract package name given a filename

Last time I ran debian was several yrs ago.. back then I learned a way
using dpkg to extract the packagename of files found on the
machine... Assuming they came in using apt and dpkg.

I even kept a note about it which of course is no where to be found
now that I need it again.

Anyone know how to find which package installed a give file?