Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 PM
"Michal R. Hoffmann"

Default Missing (or rather green) film icons in Nautilus (sid)

Anyone knows which package may cause the problem with the 'green' film
icons in Nautilus?

It happened second time to me (previous occured a couple of months ago)
- I think 2 or 3 days ago when I updated a number of packages in Sid.
The listchanges did not warned me of any issue, but after that I noticed
that when I imported films from a camera they've got a green 'film' icon
instead of a 'preview frame' icon. I also checked some .avi file - it's
the same. However my old files they still display the correct, 'preview'
type icon. But when I move (or copy) such a file (ie onto a USB drive or
on my backup drive) the copy has the 'green' icon only.

Debian sid, also using multimedia repository.

Any ideas?
--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann

Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
"Michal R. Hoffmann"

Anyone knows which package may cause the problem with the 'green' film
icons in Nautilus?

It happened second time to me (previous occured a couple of months ago)
- I think 2 or 3 days ago when I updated a number of packages in Sid.
The listchanges did not warned me of any issue, but after that I noticed
that when I imported films from a camera they've got a green 'film' icon
instead of a 'preview frame' icon. I also checked some .avi file - it's
the same. However my old files they still display the correct, 'preview'
type icon. But when I move (or copy) such a file (ie onto a USB drive or
on my backup drive) the copy has the 'green' icon only.

Debian sid, also using multimedia repository.

Any ideas?

For future reference - after yesterday's update it works again. It seems
I needed updated libraries, probably one of these:

ffmpeg_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb
libavcodec52_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb
libavdevice52_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb
libavfilter0_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb
libavformat52_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb
libavutil49_3%3a20090108-0.0_amd64.deb

--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann