Old 01-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Abdelkader Belahcene

Default rescue problem with CD1

Hi,
In the preceding versions, I have practice, to reload the boot,
destroyed by Xp installation, like this

I use CD1 until the system detects hard disk , then I procede like
this: (my root partition is sda2)
mkdir tt
mount /dev/sda2 tt
chroot tt
grub-install /dev/sda

This procedure fails with latest version,
it gives error: device /dev/sda not found, (there is not /dev/sda it
seem that the node is not created ???)

I tried grub-install hd0, I got problem too!!

I mount the proc ( it was necessary in previous versions):
mount - T proc /proc /proc
a new error , unable to find path for /boot , something like this,
anyway it doesn't work

Thanks for help

bela