Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Micha Feigin

Default allowing remote xdmcp logins

I tried to enable remote logins into gdm on my work computer. Seems to work
(set
[security]
DisallowTCP=false
[xdmcp]
Enable=true)

gdm looks to be listening on port 177 and trying to do a remote login shows the
system description. The problem is that when I actually try to connect all I
get is the gray cris/cross screen with an watch icon but no actual login
option.

What am I missing? (I set to show choose remotely instead of the full fledged
login screen)

thanks