Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Chris Bannister

Default i386 vs amd64 revisited (was Lenny: which arch for a Intel Core 2 Duo?)

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 11:55:42PM +0000, thveillon.debian wrote:
> Never had problem with w64codecs (debian-multimedia), but yes I forgot
> about acroread plug-in which still requires nspluginwrapper (should be
> working OK though, not too intensive), but i don't use it and never came
> across a pdf I couldn't read with (Kpdf|Xpdf|Evince|Okular). Of course I
> don't say it doesn't exist, my use of pdf's is quite limited...

I'm now running full amd64 and notice there is no crafty package[1] I
normally compile crafty from source anyway (to get the latest version)
but am getting errors even doing that. On i386 on this exact same
machine it compiled fine.

One of the main reasons I decided to do a full amd64 install was to see
what sort of search improvement I could get.

[1] Thought a package was supposed to compile on all architectures.

--
Chris.
======

Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Chris Bannister

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 01:23:32AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/06/09 23:15, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> I'm now running full amd64 and notice there is no crafty package[1] I
>> normally compile crafty from source anyway (to get the latest version)
>> but am getting errors even doing that. On i386 on this exact same
>> machine it compiled fine.
>
> I think that's an issue for crafty-devel.

crafty-list actually, and yeah, I intend to take up the issue there once
I look into it more closely.

>> [1] Thought a package was supposed to compile on all architectures.
>
> It is, theoretically. But the package has been orphaned, and it's been

I remember reading something about that, and I notice the lenny i386
version is no longer available.

> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/crafty
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/crafty.html
> http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=crafty