Old 01-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Eric Gerlach

Default mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 01:01:18PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2009-01-05 18:13:32, schrieb hose:
> > Just use the least sucky client out there (mutt). It has sane reply,
> > reply-to, and reply-to-list commands, is extremely fast, and can bend
> > to your will if needed, no matter how wrong you are. It's the vim of
> > the email world.
>
> I even know some Windows XP/Vista users, running only a Cygwin
> instance to have "mutt". Maybe its Geeky, but who knows?

I am currently writing this email in vim, spawned via mutt, in Cygwin. I
couldn't get by without it.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students

Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Kumar Appaiah

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:27:46PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/06/09 21:48, Steve Lamb wrote:
>> Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> Are you using stock Tbird, or Iceweasel? (I/w has certain patches
>>> needed by r-t-l.)
>>
>> Stock from Ubuntu/Debian packaging respectively. Both of which have
>> had the patch as part of the Debian version for close to 2 years now (I think).
>
> God must not love you.

Aren't you guys talking about Icedove, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah

Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Ron Johnson

Are you using stock Tbird, or Iceweasel? (I/w has certain patches
needed by r-t-l.)

Stock from Ubuntu/Debian packaging respectively. Both of which have
had the patch as part of the Debian version for close to 2 years now (I think).

God must not love you.

Aren't you guys talking about Icedove, or am I missing something?

Yeah, you're right. The MUA that starts with Ice...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:44:48PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/06/09 22:37, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
>>> God must not love you.
>>
>> Aren't you guys talking about Icedove, or am I missing something?
>
> Yeah, you're right. The MUA that starts with Ice...

iceape-mailnews ;-)

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 01-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Ron Johnson

Are you using stock Tbird, or Iceweasel? (I/w has certain patches
needed by r-t-l.)

Stock from Ubuntu/Debian packaging respectively. Both of which have
had the patch as part of the Debian version for close to 2 years now (I think).

God must not love you.

Aren't you guys talking about Icedove, or am I missing something?

Yeah, you're right. The MUA that starts with Ice...

iceape-mailnews ;-)

The MUA that starts with Ice and isn't the red-headed step-child...

Old 01-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Steve Lamb

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/07/09 05:30, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> iceape-mailnews ;-)

> The MUA that starts with Ice and isn't the red-headed step-child...

Ice.... ice baby?

Da dun nun da nunnun?

--
Steve C. Lamb | But who can decide what they dream
PGP Key: 1FC01004 | and dream I do

Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Mon,05.Jan.09, 15:27:44, Ken Teague wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > See, I just think you guys should stop using bad clients. Kmail replies
> > to the list (and only to the list) by default. (Which, actually, appears to
> > be a violation on the relevant standards. :P)
>
> Is Kmail available for Win32? I'm at work on my laptop and don't have
> the luxury of Linux all day.

Sylpheed and Claws-Mail have Win32 versions.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)