Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Dov Oxenberg

Default ftp directories...

Hi,

Ok, so I have VSFTPD installed and running, and now have a 200GB storage partition mounted.

I have thoroughly examined the vsftpd.conf file and cannot seem to locate the setting I am looking for, namely, to point the FTP Daemon to directories on the storage partition.

In other words, I want to configure VSFTPD so that when specific*users log in they are directed to a corresponding directory previously created for them on the storage partition.

Thanks,

Dov

Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Chris Davies

Dov Oxenberg <boxenberg@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to configure VSFTPD so that when specific users log in they are
> directed to a corresponding directory previously created for them on
> the storage partition.

You might want to re-read the section describing user_sub_token. Or,
if your users aren't virtual then consider user_config_dir with a
per-user chroot.

Chris